27cents

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Something to Consider at the Crash of a Dream

There comes a moment just before the fracture breaks the surface and a solid dream is torn apart - and in that moment, it finally becomes apparent that you're about to lose a thing which you've cared for deeply.

Here's something you can say in that moment:

"None of the appropriate adjectives about my future have changed (it is still good, engaging, worthwhile, purpose ridden and passion worthy). None of the appropriate adjectives about my future have changed - only my illusions about how they would come to pass. Whatever is happening was written - and God didn't only allow it, He's decided to use it. So I refuse to act as if there is no God by weeping, worrying, obsessing, blaming, shaming or hating. I will not nurse, rehearse, repeat or return. Instead, I will live as though He IS real by embracing what comes next."

The way we visualize our dreams is just a crutch we use to help ourselves believe that God could be good to us. Rather, it should be enough to simply confirm the outcome without the crutch: He WILL be good to us. Just not always in the way we visualized it. So hold your dreams loosely! But hold the one who holds your dreams tightly!

Just a thought. And I dare you to make it more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home